The minutes of the May meeting are now available
Parish councils are audited every year to make sure the financial management is in order.
There are two audits:
- The internal audit, which checks all the meetings have been run properly, the accounts are in order and everything has been done as it should throughout the year
- The external audit, which double checks all the financials and asks for corrections or changes to procedures if anything is out of order.
As part of the process, the council must open its books to any resident of the parish who wishes to inspect them. This is explained in the Notice of Public Rights. If you wish to inspect the accounts during this period, please make an appointment with the Chairman of the Parish Council.
At the moment the Annual Governance and Accountability Return is in its unaudited – provisional – form. When the external audit is complete it will be accompanied by an audit certificate.
As the special legislation for coronavirus has lapsed, the legal position now is that local councils need to meet face to face, rather than remotely, and be open to attendance in person from the public. Also, most coronavirus rules will remain in place in England for at least another 4 weeks after the planned 21 June unlocking
The Community Centre is still not available for meetings as the COVID rules for Early Years provision would mean deep cleaning would be required after a council meeting, and this cannot reasonably be done before the nursery arrives next day.
Therefore the Parish Council will be meeting outside the back of the Community Centre, either in the open or under event shelters if wet.
Risk of virus transmission will be mitigated as follows:
- No chairs will be provided. If you wish to attend and sit you are to bring your own chair.
- No printed agendas will be made available.
- Councillors that are required to complete paperwork must do so as far is possible before the meeting, and bring a copy with them.
- Hand sanitiser and a sterilising spray will be available for use by councillors and the public.
- There will be no access to the Community Centre for any reason.
In view of this the agenda has been cut down to what is legally and practically required.
A selection of images of the local area. More can be found on our Facebook page.
A new booking system for Hampshire’s Household Waste Recycling Centres (HWRCs) will take effect from Monday 15 June, with residents able to book at 30-minute slot when the booking system goes live on Thursday 11 June 2020. The system is being set up in response to some of the severe traffic congestion seen at many HWRCs since they reopened on 11 May with new social distancing measures in place.
Bookings can be made online at
Telephone bookings, for those without access to the online system, can be made by calling 023 8017 9949