As the special legislation for coronavirus has lapsed, the legal position now is that local councils need to meet face to face, rather than remotely, and be open to attendance in person from the public. Also, most coronavirus rules will remain in place in England for at least another 4 weeks after the planned 21 June unlocking
The Community Centre is still not available for meetings as the COVID rules for Early Years provision would mean deep cleaning would be required after a council meeting, and this cannot reasonably be done before the nursery arrives next day.
Therefore the Parish Council will be meeting outside the back of the Community Centre, either in the open or under event shelters if wet.
Risk of virus transmission will be mitigated as follows:
- No chairs will be provided. If you wish to attend and sit you are to bring your own chair.
- No printed agendas will be made available.
- Councillors that are required to complete paperwork must do so as far is possible before the meeting, and bring a copy with them.
- Hand sanitiser and a sterilising spray will be available for use by councillors and the public.
- There will be no access to the Community Centre for any reason.
In view of this the agenda has been cut down to what is legally and practically required.