- Effective from now people are encouraged to use public transport if they need to although they should consider alternatives if available.
- From 25 July, as previously planned, indoor leisure facilities such as gyms and swimming pools can open.
- From 1 August, bowling alleys, skating rinks, and personal beauty services can open. Nightclubs and soft play centres must remain closed for now.
- From 1 August, employers will have the discretion to make decisions about how to get back to work safely – this could mean some people continuing to work from home, for some people this may be coming back into work settings.
- From 1 August, indoor performances can take place. Wider audience attendance at sports event in stadia will be piloted with the aim to bring back audiences in stadia in October. Weddings of up to 30 people will be permitted from August.
- From November at the earliest there will be a review on whether to relax social distancing measures and signal a complete return to normal.
- The Government’s formal shielding programme is due to end on 31 July. Shielding will be stood up again at any point if required.
This guidance was issued by BDBC. Further guidance is expected on each of these different stages. A further Government update is expected on 1 August.